This property is located one block from Gisborne’s main street, on the corner of Childers Rd and Lowe Street.
The building was constructed in 1915 for New Zealand Insurance Company.
The previous owner purchased the property and carried out extensive refurbishment to the building including complete strengthening of the building up to 95% of the new building code, this work was completed in 2015.
The building has been refurbished inside and out, with new paint, carpets, airconditioning, lighting and most fittings. Fibre optics have been installed to each floor and data, power and telephone outlets have been installed throughout.
This building is now a very attractive historic building of pleasing design both inside and out.
The Structural concepts Ltd report rates the building at up to 95% NBS (New Building Standard).
A property approx 100 metres down Lowe street was purchased and converted to a new carpark comprising some 24 carparks to provide for the tenants in the building.