Reliable, unbiased and authoritative advice across all property sectors and geographic markets
Strategic Advisory focuses on big property decisions and complex transactions. We work with investors, developers, occupiers and other advisors.
Our clients include some of New Zealand’s largest and most successful companies, central and local government and leading not-for-profits.
National Director | Strategic Advisory
Alan has overall responsibility for Strategic Advisory for Colliers International in New Zealand.
He advises a wide range of public and private sector organizations. Clients include Auckland Council, Progressive Enterprises, Massey University, Ngai Tahu Property, Ngati Whatua Orakei, Ngati Whatua o Kaipara, and various departments of the New Zealand government including Police, MBIE, Callaghan Innovation and Housing New Zealand.
Director | Strategic Advisory
Chris is a Director within the Strategic Advisory team. The team helps you with your big property decisions and complex transactions.
Chris' advisory work focuses on:
- Decision making processes (eg property strategy, business cases, feasibilities, etc)
- Tenant representation for large lease transactions (office, industrial and specialist-use)
- Multi-site networks (eg consolidation strategies, optimisation, etc)
Chris’ background in brief:
- Property strategy advisor for some of New Zealand’s most successful private sector, public sector and non-for-profit organisations.
- Tenant representative (tenant-paid lease negotiator) for organisations ranging from small-to-medium enterprises through to major listed companies and government agencies.
- Specialist skills in commercial leasing, financial analysis and market research.
- Part-time lecturer at the University of Auckland Business School and commercial leasing trainer for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Chris’ qualifications include Honours degrees in both Civil Engineering and Property from the University of Auckland, and a Master of Philosophy from the University of Cambridge, UK. He is a Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Outside of work, Chris is a combat engineer in the NZ Army Reserve and a keen baker.
Senior Analyst | Strategic Advisory
Caity joined the Colliers International Strategic Advisory team as a Senior Analyst in 2016. Prior to joining Strategic Advisory, Caity worked in Colliers’ Hotels team in Auckland.
Caity’s recent work with the Strategic Advisory team has included corporate and investment property strategies, land use advice, options analysis, and development feasibilities. Caity has five years’ experience in the commercial real estate industry. She is currently underway with her Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).