Director | Strategic Advisory
Chris is a Director within the Strategic Advisory team. The team helps you with your big property decisions and complex transactions.
Chris' advisory work focuses on:
- Decision making processes (eg property strategy, business cases, feasibilities, etc)
- Tenant representation for large lease transactions (office, industrial and specialist-use)
- Multi-site networks (eg consolidation strategies, optimisation, etc)
Chris’ background in brief:
- Property strategy advisor for some of New Zealand’s most successful private sector, public sector and non-for-profit organisations.
- Tenant representative (tenant-paid lease negotiator) for organisations ranging from small-to-medium enterprises through to major listed companies and government agencies.
- Specialist skills in commercial leasing, financial analysis and market research.
- Part-time lecturer at the University of Auckland Business School and commercial leasing trainer for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Chris’ qualifications include Honours degrees in both Civil Engineering and Property from the University of Auckland, and a Master of Philosophy from the University of Cambridge, UK. He is a Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Outside of work, Chris is a combat engineer in the NZ Army Reserve and a keen baker.
Property Council of New Zealand - Auckland Property People - Supreme Excellence Award (2018)
Property Council of New Zealand - Auckland Property People - Young Achiever of the Year (2018)
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors - Young Achiever of the Year (2017)
New Zealand Defence Force Reservist of Year (2014)
PhD Candidate - UniversIty of Auckland, NZ (part-time)
Master of Philosophy - University of Cambridge, UK
Bachelor of Property (First Class Honours) - University of Auckland, NZ
Bachelor of Engineering (First Class Honours) - University of Auckland, NZ
Memberships & Involvements
Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
Licenced Agent REAA 2008