Director | Strategic Advisory
David leads Colliers International’s Wellington Strategic Advisory team. The team focuses on helping clients to make their big property decisions, particularly in the central and local government sector. Key areas of expertise include corporate real estate strategy, property investment strategy, feasibility studies, financial analysis, business cases and tenant representation.
David has worked for the past decade in the public sector, within the Treasury and as an advisor to a finance minister.
Prior to joining Colliers, David established and ran the Government Property Management Centre of Expertise, leading strategy and implementation of a portfolio approach to Corporate Real Estate in Government across its 1.6 million sqm commercial portfolio.
Prior to time in Government, David has worked in the property consultancy sector for Dow Group, Opus International, and Enrst & Young. After graduating, David spent time in both the Corporate Real Estate (Westpac) and Investment (AMP) sectors.
David’s experience includes:
· National property strategy for overall government portfolio and alignment of 70 individual Departmental strategies within this framework
· Cross-agency business cases and procurement for Government in Christchurch (25,000sqm) and in Wellington (200,000 sqm).
· Frameworks, guidelines and performance measures for property, facilities, and asset management.
· Decision framework for corporate functions, including facilities and property management.
· Governance and project frameworks for major property projects, including IQA and change management.
· Performance indicators for property, including portfolio and productivity measurement.
· Organisational design and operating models.
David has a Bachelor of Business Studies (VPM) and an MBA from Massey University. He is presently undertaking a PhD at Massey.
David is a member of Corenet. Outside of work, he is a member of the Motorcycle Safety Advisory Council, and is a part time lecturer at Massey University.