- Orams Marine have announced a $140M mixed-use project in Wynyard Quarter. The 6,507sqm development will include retail, marine trade and office space. More info here.
- BNZ has secured its future Wellington headquarters. They have agreed to lease One Whitmore Street, a circa 18,000 sqm new building to be developed by Newcrest. The building will be one of the most seismically advanced developments in New Zealand with the design featuring base isolation and a strong diagrid structure. The 5-star Green Star building is expected to complete in 2023. Colliers Strategic Advisory is proud to have represented BNZ as their tenant representatives in securing this stunning new building. More info here.
- Redevelopment of an Invercargill city block will start shortly after the council issued demolition consents. The $165M project will include retail, eateries and car parking, with future stages to provide apartments, a medical centre and possible civic space. More info here.
- A new global world record was set during 2019 with the largest number of super-tall buildings being completed. 126 buildings over 200m were completed this year, including 26 buildings over 300m. More info here.
- Hong Kong-based Link REIT is the leading bidder for a $700M office tower in Sydney being sold by Blackstone. The building (located next to Westfield Sydney) is home to JP Morgan, the Australian Taxation Office and Scentre Group office. More info here.
- A build-to-rent platform has been launched in major UK cities. The platform is aimed at helping developers understand the amenities desired by tenants. More info here.
Need help with your next big property decision? Talk to Colliers Strategic Advisory.