License # Licensed under the REAA 2008
Prior to his move to Colliers International, Alan spent 10 years as a broker with Knight Frank and DTZ, culminating in his position as Commercial Manager at DTZ Hamilton. Alan has been involved in retail acquisition and leasing for Briscoes Group, Supercheap Autos, Foodstuffs, No. 1 Shoes, McDonalds, Fonterra, Big Save Furniture, Bunnings and Mitre 10. Much of Alan’s focus has been around both strategic properties and clients. This has encompassed long term development projects, sourcing the land and obtaining anchor tenant commitments. Alan has also worked closely with a number of institutions and high wealth individuals to effectively and confidentially place or acquire significant property assets.
Alan has been regularly in the top performers at Colliers from 2014 to present.
Alan was named DTZ’s Top New Zealand Salesperson in 2003, and 2005-2009.
- Sale of Tristram Precinct $110.23m.
- Sale of Visy $71.4m.
- Sale of Countdown Supermarkets $64.90m.
- Sale of residential development land $60.7m.
- Sale of ANZ Centre $32.9m.
- Sale of Bunnings stores $32.45m.
- Sale of Farmers Centre $27m.
- Sale of Valley Mega Centre $22.75m.
- Sale of The Warehouse stores $29m.
- Development of Rototuna Shopping Centre end value approx $26m.
- Development of large format retailer Te Rapa end value $18.65m.
- Redevelopment of Hillcrest Tavern end value $6.5m.
- National sale and leaseback of 20 stores for the Mill Liquorsave $20m+.
- Sale of Hamilton East sites for development $20.6m
- Sale of IRD Processing Centre Hamilton $8.7m.
- Sale of Todd Park Porirua $7.95m.
- Sale of Ellerslie Panmure Highway Auckland $7.75m.
- Sale of NDA Hamilton & Steel and Tube $28.4m
- Office leases for Staples Rodway, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health, New Zealand Transport Authority and others in excess of 10,000m².
- Design and build offices for Genesis Energy and Department of Corrections in excess of 10,000m².
- Design and Build leases for Kmart stores in Te Rapa, Bethlehem, Rotorua and Hamilton central.
- Sales of significant Hamilton office towers $50m.
Memberships & Involvements
Associate of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (AREINZ)
Bunnings, Kmart, The Mill Liquorsave, Argosy, AMP, ＂Augusta Funds, Z Energy, Government, Repco