Rural & Agribusiness - Special Projects
License # 10056530
Mike is a specialist broker/consultant in the sale and acquisition of New Zealand viticulture assets. In addition to having a passion for good wine, he also has a strong interest in the business of wine both in New Zealand and in global markets.
As a result of living in a wine village and being involved in the local wine community for over 20 years, he has a good appreciation of the many challenges that winemakers and grape growers face in their businesses. He now enjoys providing a service to the many corporate and boutique growers and wine companies that make up the burgeoning New Zealand wine sector.
As a result of being involved in numerous acquisitions by overseas companies, he has good knowledge and experience of the Overseas Investment Office process, which all overseas buyers need to navigate in order to acquire rural and agribusiness assets in New Zealand.
Mike has over 35 years’ experience in real estate, principally as a consultant and broker in the commercial property sector in the UK, Asia and New Zealand. He has also undertaken several real estate developments including a number of wine/tourism projects in New Zealand.
Notable Sales Transactions Include:
• Alana Estate Vineyard Martinborough
• Nga Waka Vineyard Limited (Martinborough) as a going concern
• Waimea Estates Nelson Limited - business and assets
• Lake Chalice Wines Limited (Marlborough) - business and assets
• Urlar Farms Limited (Wairarapa) - business and assets
• Minority interest in Awatere River Wine Company Limited (Marlborough)
• Croft Wines vineyard (Martinborough)
• Staete Landt vineyard (Marlborough)
• Sale and leaseback of Kahurangi Estate Limited winery and vineyard (Nelson)
• Sale and leaseback of Wairarapa Vintners winery and vineyard (Martinborough)
• Huia Vineyards vineyard (Marlborough)
• Staete Landt business (Marlborough)
• Vynfields vineyard (Martinborough)
BSc Estate Management (University of Reading)
Licensed under the REA 2008