Director | Whangarei
License # 10009524
Nigel heads up Colliers NZ Northland business.
Nigel joined Colliers in Auckland in 1998, through his persistence and tenacity he quickly established himself as a key person in the market.
In 2003, Nigel was promoted and took on the responsibility of heading up the Colliers NZ, Auckland Industrial Business. He was instrumental in growing and developing the Colliers NZ Industrial business into the dominate agency that it is today.
In 2010 Nigel was promoted and relocated to China to take on the challenge to grow Colliers East China Industrial Business. At the time he started the team was positioned 5th in the market. As well as learning to speak, read and write Chinese, under his leadership his team’s revenue compound annual growth rate was 57% and they became the dominate agency in East China.
In 2020 Nigel was offered the role to relocate to Northland to set-up and establish Colliers NZ Northland business and he jumped at the opportunity. Moved his family to Whangārei and launched the business Feb 2021.
- 12 Gumdigger, Whangārei Pl $2.57M (6.5%)
- Gull Wellsford $2.85M (4.4%)
- 6 Gumdigger Pl, Whangārei $2.3M (5%)
- 4 Gumdigger Pl, Whangārei $2.65M (4%)
- Bunnings Kerikeri $5.6M (6%)
- Loop Rd Quarry, Whangārei (29.5Ha) $5.5M
- 3-7 Vine St, Whangārei CBD $2.4M (6.6%)
- 14 Cameron St, Whangārei CBD $0.86M
- 90 Bank St, Whangārei CBD $1.18M
- Marsden Point (42Ha) $9.5M
- Centennial Park Rd, Wellsford $1.86M (3.5%)
- 38 Springs Flat Rd, Kamo, Whangarei (3.88Ha) $2.7M
- Maersk Logistics and Damco US$50 Million Shanghai Sale & Leaseback
- Brintons Carpet Manufacturing (Suzhou) Limited 20,000m² facility
- Tenant Rep, Toll for Lego 20,000m² APac Distribution Centre, Shanghai
- Tenant Rep, Husqvarna 15,000m² Distribution Centre, Changzhou
- Tenant Rep, Carl Zeiss 14,000m² Shanghai expansion
- Sole Agency CBRE Global Investors 211,000m² Waigaoqiao Bonded Logistics Park
- Sole Agency, Goodman 94,200m², Suzhou West Logistics Centre
- Kmart Distribution Centre 13,500m2 design build lease
- NZ Post Sth Akl Mail Sorting Centre 16,000m2 design build lease
- Assisted Kiwi Co-op Dairies on several confidential relocations to Auckland before the Fonterra merger was announced.
- Fonterra’s first Auckland HQ. Design build lease at the Auckland Airport.
- James Hardie Penrose site sold $17M by an Australian merchant bank to an Australian fund. 6 months later I unhooked it and on sold for $26.7M off-market to a local developer.
汉语水平考试一级 (listening & oral - Chinese)
汉语水平考试二级 (listening & oral - Chinese)
汉语水平考试三级 (listening, oral, reading & writing - Chinese)
Te Ara Reo Māori (He Pī ka Pao). Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Te Ara Reo Māori (He Pī Ka Rere). Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Memberships & Involvements
NZ Post, Rank Group, Meridian, Fletchers, Port Nikau JV Ltd, Asset Plus, Woolworths
Daniel Sloper is a Commercial Sales and Leasing Broker, based out of the Whangarei office, servicing the wider Northland region. As a born and bread Whangarei local, Daniel brings a love of the region to his work and is passionate about contributing to driving economic growth and opportunity. Daniel is focused on the selling and leasing of Commercial property in Whangarei and the greater Northland region, including industrial, office and retail asset classes from Wellsford through to Kaitaia, including Dargaville, Kerikeri, Kaikohe, Paiha and everywhere in between.
Prior to becoming a Commercial Broker, Daniel had a career in the Royal New Zealand Navy, where his service included providing humanitarian aid to Vanuatu after Cyclone Pam in 2015 and other assignments throughout New Zealand and overseas.
He has since received a Bachelor of Business with a major in Property through Massey University and spent some time as a Property Valuer, based in Whangarei, giving him an excellent level of insight into property values accross the region. As part of his studies, he was awarded the prestigious Marcus Kitt Colliers Bursary, a scholarship dedicated to the memory of Marcus Kitt, a former Colliers Staff member, awarded to a promising business property student at Massey University. Colliers was delighted to welcome a former winner to the Colliers team, on Daniels joining.
Daniel is a relatable and a highly motivated individual, which has led to strong personal and professional, relationships with an abundance of vendors and landlords throughout the Northland region. A collaborative operator, Daniel can help connect your opportunity to other local, national and international clients via Colliers networks.
Daniel is a very passionate Northlander who has always shown a particular interest in property. In his spare time, he enjoys fishing, diving, rugby, in fact any type of sport, and spending quality time with his young family and friends.
To discuss your Northland commercial property opportunities, whether you're interested in buying, selling or leasing, contact Daniel today.