B.Comm, LREA, FPINZ
License # 10016156 | Licensed under the REAA 2008
As an owner of Colliers International Wellington Richard has been involved in all aspects of the business and specialises in high value transactions and development opportunities.
He has over 25 years experience in commercial property and been involved in a large number of Wellington’s biggest sales.
Richard offers his clients a strong understanding of the wider commercial market whilst still delivering specialist advice across different property sectors. With a global breadth of local knowledge at hand, he takes a personal interest in ensuring his clients are kept well informed of the Wellington property market.
Richard began his career with commercial leasing and later sales and spent three years with central London property firm Gooch & Wagstaff. Between his expertise, knowledge base and the networks he maintains, he prides himself on being one of Wellington’s best informed brokers.
Richard was formerly on the Wellington committee for the NZ Property Council and is a past chairman for the Wellington branch of the NZPI.
Richard is a fellow and former chair of the Wellington branch of the Property Institute. He is a member of the Wellington Property Council and a Director of a number of property companies.
Notable Sales Transactions Include:
• Carlaw Park, Auckland ($110m)
• 119 Ghuznee Street ($6.45m)
• 110 Featherston Street ($30m)
• Victoria Lane, 161 Victoria Street (confidential)
• 126 Lambton Quay ($15m)
• 32 Waring Taylor Street ($5.4m)
• 97 Taranaki Street ($25m)
• Amora Hotel
• 13-27 Manners Street ($19.6m)
• Civic Assurance House, 114 Lambton Quay ($10.1m)
• Cumberland Building ($19m)
• Trade Me ($21m)
• Willeston Building (confidential pricing)
• Animates ($4.5m)
• Boom Rock Road ($3.75m)
• Southward Industrial Portfolio ($25m)
• ASB Bank Tower ($22m)
• Dress-Smart, Main Road, Tawa ($8.6m)
• Warehouse and Warehouse Stationary Buildings (Various)
• TAB, KFC, Westpac and ANZ Retail Portfolios
• Porirua Megacentre ($16.1m)
• Centre City Plaza ($17m) Morrison Kent House ($32.7m)
• Harbour Quays, Ports of Wellington (circa $75m)
• 94-102 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($13.13m)
• Plimmer Towers, Wellington ($40m)
• 142 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington $5.0m)
• 453-477 Hutt Road, Lower Hutt ($5.5m)
• Countdown Portfolio, Nationwide ($287m)
• 100 Cable Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($10.6m)
• 90 Cable Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($16m)
• Countdown Crofton Downs, Crofton Downs, Wellington ($21m)
• HP House, 8 Gilmer Terrace, Te Aro, Wellington ($15.35m)
• 18-22 Manners Street & 142 Willis Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($43.44m)
• 136 The Terrace, Wellington ($2.035m)
• Cnr Whitmore and Waterloo Quay (Confidential)
• ANZ, 57 Vivian Street ($17m)
• 269 Willis Street, Wellington - Land ($18.5m)
After completing a BCom (Valuation and Property Management) Richard specialised as a commercial leasing and sales broker in Wellington.
For three years Richard worked for the central London property firm Gooch & Wagstaff.
Licensed under the REA 2008
• Willis Bond ＆ Co
• Grant Thornton
• Wellington Waterfront Limited
• The Wellington Company
• Primeproperty Group Limited
Hamish joined the Commercial & Investment Sales team at Colliers International Wellington in May 2017. He specialises in sales in Wellington CBD and its surrounding suburbs.
His first stint with Colliers began in 2010 as a Sales and Leasing Broker, before making a move into the highly successful CBD Leasing team. Following his OE in 2016, Hamish has returned to build on the strong relationships he built during his time as a leasing broker, to be part of the largest commercial sales team in Wellington.
Hamish provides his clients thorough knowledge of the commercial property market and does so with honesty and integrity. Raised and educated in Wellington, he has built excellent networks in the capital and he does everything he can to grow those networks and gain outstanding results for his clients.