Colliers North Auckland office is led by General Manager/Director Jimmy O’Brien with Commercial Sales Manager Janet Marshall and provides a full range of commercial real estate property brokerage services in North Shore including investment sales, industrial sales and leasing, office leasing and retail leasing.
At Colliers North Shore office, we don't take a one size fits all approach when it comes to our clients' commercial property needs. Whether you require industrial, retail or office assets, we have a team of specialist brokers with a broad level of expertise. From greenfield development to the sale and leasing of commercial and industrial property, we maintain a focus on results and take a collective approach to working with our clients and their specific needs – a philosophy that yields excellent results every year.
The North Shore team is consistently recognised as one of Colliers top offices in New Zealand and a market leader on the North Shore in the sale of investment property. Recent sales and leasing activity have produced strong results for our clients, and with the North Shore commercial property market moving ahead with confidence, we look forward to many more successes in the future.
Real estate experts in Auckland North
General Manager | Director
Jimmy heads the Colliers North Shore team with a "lead from the front" approach. He specialises in both sales and leasing of commercial and Industrial Property, Now in his thirteenth year with Colliers International he is constantly in the top 10 % of Colliers brokers.
A North Shore resident for over 40 years his local network and knowledge is extensive. Having come from a successful background of sales, marketing and manufacturing and a director of his own business for 20 years, Jimmy has built up a vast network of property developers, investors, architects, designers and corporate businesses both retail and commercial. With a broad knowledge as both a tenant and investor in the commercial property market his wide range of skills and extensive network will be an asset to any future clients.
Positions Held at Colliers:
March 2006: Industrial Broker
April 2008: Industrial Manager
July 2012: General Manager
February 2014: General Manager -Associate Director
June 2014: General Manager – Director
Through specialisation and a commitment to true team work, Jimmy and his team have sold property in excess of $1Billion and negotiated innumerable leases.
With a strong focus on finding property solutions for his clients, Jimmy has successfully represented AA Insurance, EasiYo Products, Sealegs, Johnson Controls, Electronic Navigation and Maxwell Marine to name a few.
Jimmy is consistently in the top 10% of Colliers brokers.
Director | Commercial
Janet is a Director at Colliers North Shore located in Takapuna and received the prestigious Women in Property award from the Property Council in 2019.
Janet was awarded Rookie of the Year in 2005, Marketer of the Year in 2013 and promoted to Director in 2016.
Janet specialises in office and retail sales and leasing, and investment sales. She is also a Board executive on the Takapuna Beach Business Association (TBBA) and previously on the Board of the Business North Harbour business association. Janet was also the first female President of the Pinnacle Ski Club in Ruapehu. Her connections are extensive, and with over 15 years at Colliers International Janet is well respected within the industry. Janet is passionate about commercial property and is one of the leading commercial brokers in Auckland.
See LinkedIn Profile at https://www.linkedin.com/pub/janet-marshall/a/27a/a98
Janet's previous transactions include:
- Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Primepac Ltd
- The Warehouse Group
- New Zealand Defence Force
- The Skin Institute
- Transaction Services Group
- Kalmar Construction Ltd
- Medical Assurance Society
- The Crate
- New Zealand Drug Detection Agency
- Inland Revenue Department
- Property Partners
- Vision Accounting
- Ministry of Education
- Advanced Management Systems (AMS)
- McLaughlin Law
- Automobile Association
- Straker Translations
- Carter Holt Harvey
- Goodwin Turner Commercial Lawyers
- Smartpay NZ Ltd
- New Zealand Institute of Education
- Waitemata District Health Board
- Invenco Group Limited
- Leading Edge Telecom
- North Harbour Business Association
- IMS Health
- CCH NZ Ltd
- Northern Health School
- 12, 25 Corban Avenue, Albany
- B4, 34 Triton Drive
- B1, 59 Apollo Drive
- 1/3 and 2/3 Cowley Place, Rosedale
- 18 Cowley Place, Rosedale
- 120 Wairau Road, Wairau Valley
- Unit 6/39 Apollo Drive, Rosedale
- Unit B1, 34 Triton Drive, Rosedale
- Unit 1, 31 Northcroft Street, Takapuna
- Unit 106F Bush Road, North Harbour
- 8B, 331 Rosedale Road, North Harbour
- 3 Milford Road, Milford
- D4, 14-22 Triton Drive, Rosedale
- 38B William Pickering, North Harbour
- B2, 34 Triton Drive, Rosedale
- 1A Nile Road, Milford
- 14, 100 Don McKinnon Drive, Albany
- B3 and B4, 17 Corinthian Drive, Albany
- Unit 9, 100 Don McKinnon Drive, Albany
- A1, 75 Corinthian Drive, Albany
- B3, 210 Dairy Flat Highway, Albany
- 104 Rosedale Road, Rosedale
- B4, 210 Dairy Flat Highway, Albany
- D3 and D4, 14-22 Triton Drive, Rosedale
- 11 Apollo Drive, Rosedale
- K, 39 Apollo Drive, Rosedale
- 40C Triton Drive, Rosedale
- 3A Tarndale Grove, North Harbour
- G, 4 Antares Place, Rosedale
- 2A and 2B, 331 Rosedale Road, Rosedale
- B8, 210 Dairy Flat Highway, Albany
- 46A-D Constellation Drive. Rosedale
- B3 and B4, 72 Apollo Drive, Rosedale
- 4B Argus Place, Wairau
- B3, 63 Apollo Drive, Rosedale
- D2, 63 Apollo Drive, Rosedale
- 450 Glenfield Road, Glenfield
- 2-4 Fred Thomas Drive ($60M)
- Todd Park ($33M)
- The Hub, Whakatane ($24M)
- Walton Plaza, Whangarei ($13M)
- 102 Rosedale Road, Rosedale
- Bunnings, Whakatane
- 51 Hurstmere Road, Takapuna
- 27-31 Park Road, Grafton
Matt joined Colliers International in 2006 with a focus on mid to upper end industrial & investment transactions. Specialising in tenanted investments, occupier representation through to vacant land / building sales on the North Shore, Matt was promoted to a North Shore Director in 2015.
In 2011 and 2012 Matt was awarded the "Golden Gavel" for Colliers New Zealand as the most successful auction sales broker across Colliers New Zealand. Matt has been the number one North Shore sales and leasing broker, 2011, 2012 and 2013. In 2012, was a top 20 performer across Colliers New Zealand and has over $550 million of sales since joining colliers International.
In 2013, Matt was in the top 10 Highest Performing Brokers Nationwide and in 2014, he had a record year completing more than 50 transactions, and finished in the top 10% of brokers in New Zealand.
In 2015, Matt completed over 60 transactions, more than any broker North of the Bridge, again finishing in the Top 20 brokers in New Zealand.
In 2016, Matt had a record year finishing top 10 in the country and was the top broker on the North Shore.
Shoneet has been involved in selling investment property for over 13 years and since 2015 he has been a Director in the Investment Sales Team at Colliers International, specialising in Investment & Development Sales across the wider Auckland region.
Over the past 8 years he has been one of the most successful investment sales brokers in Auckland with a track record of significant sales second to none. He has had considerable experience in dealing with international purchasers and has recently completed several deals with investors out of Asia, Europe and the Middle East. He has been involved in a number of large land sales and portfolio sales, including divestments for well-known brands like Z Energy, The Warehouse & Bunnings.
Shoneet has been the top broker in his market for both 2014 and 2015 while also placing in the top 10 brokers nationwide again for Colliers in 2016. In 2017, Shoneet transacted over $260 million of property and was ranked 2nd in New Zealand.
He was the top broker at Colliers in the 2018 financial year and a finalist for the Commercial & Industrial Salesperson of the Year award, which is judged nationwide across all agencies. In both 2019 & 2020 he was again ranked in the top 5 brokers nationwide for Colliers and was involved in over $300 million & $325 million of sales in each calendar year.
Over the past six years, he has transacted over $1.5 Billion dollars in sales.
Notable Transactions over $10m include;
- 2-4 Fred Thomas Drive, Takapuna - $60,850,000
- 33 Corinthian Drive, Albany - $50,500,000
- 229 Dairy Flat Highway, Albany - $33,000,000
- Todd Industrial Park – Wellington - $33,000,000
- 9-11 Corinthian Dr, Albany - $27,340,000
- 44 Taharoto Road, Takapuna - $27,270,000
- 279-301 Lincoln Rd, Henderson - $27,000,000
- 11 Coliseum Drive, Albany - $26,700,000
- The Warehouse, Albany - $26,400,000
- LEP Childcare Portfolio- $20,775,000
- Farro Fresh/ASB Constellation Dr - $25,500,000
- Kmart Te Rapa - $23,750,000
- 1-11 Parkway Drive - $21,000,000
- Noel Leeming, Wairau Park - $19,000,000
- 5 The Warehouse Way, Northcote - $19,000,000
- Rapid Labels – William Pickering Dr - $17,300,000
- 16 Dinning Road, Riverhead - $16,500,000
- 35-45 The Strand, Parnell - $16,100,000
- 44 Arrenway Drive, Albany - $15,300,000
- 151 Lincoln Road, Henderson - $15,250,000
- 51 Corinthian Drive, Albany - $15,150,000
- 7-21 Kawana Street, Northcote - $14,998,100
- 124 Bush Road, North Harbour - $14,950,000
- 550 Te Irirangi Drive, Botany - $14,200,000
- PlaceMakers, Albany - $14,000,000
- 24 Oteha Valley Rd Extn, Albany - $13,300,000
- 217-227 Archers Rd, Wairau Valley - $13,250,000
- 44 Arrenway Drive, Mairangi Bay - $13,117,116
- 6 Canaveral Drive, Mairangi Bay - $13,000,000
- 119-121 Onewa Road - $12,750,000
- 3 Monahan Road, Mt Wellington - $12,680,000
- 155 Wairau Road, Wairau Valley - $11,500,000
- 13 William Pickering Drive, Albany - $11,400,000
- 14-18 Lovell Court, Albany - $10,500,000
- WCDL Development on Onewa Rd - $10,250,000
Associate Director | Industrial Sales & Leasing
Ryan is consistently one of the company’s top performers and has been involved in some of the largest sales and leases, design build projects on the North Shore. He specializes in mid to high-end properties, with a strong track record in both the industrial and office market.
He joined the company in 2009, having been the No. 1 industrial broker at another large property company until that point. Prospering in the closer team environment at Colliers International, he again achieved high rankings, being in the top 3 rankings for 6 consecutive years.
Believing that a shared network and open communication are in everyone’s best interest, Ryan works closely with other members of the team. He approaches the job as a problem-solver, and is known for finding solutions that outperform the obvious, and delivers the best possible result to his clients.
Mike is a member of the Colliers North Shore team having started there in 2007 and with a focus on the local Industrial market. Covering both sales and leasing he is well known and respected by landlords, tenants, investors and developers and has worked with all these parties to assist with their commercial property requirements. Over his years in business Mike has been both a tenant and investor giving him a good understanding of the market and a wide range of skills to assist clients.
Jack specialises in the Auckland industrial market, servicing both the leasing and sales markets. Jack has a particular focus on the North Shore region where he has formed strong relationships with property owners, buyers and tenants.
He has experience in the divestment of both tenanted and vacant industrial buildings, and has handled numerous occupier requirements.
Nick is an established Commercial Property Broker on the North Shore, specialising primarily in office sales and leasing from Takapuna through to Albany.
With nearly 10 Years experience, Nick is a huge asset to the commercial team, providing a wealth of knowledge and strong relationships with his clients.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Property from the University of Auckland, Nick was a fast learner into the agency role, and concludes over 40 Transactions a year including both sales and leases, giving him a strong track record to date. His calm approach and out of the box thinking helps him get the deal done before the competition, and the results are clear.
A dedicated surfer and a love for the mountains keep Nick busy on the weekends, as well as playing drums in a wedding band on a regular basis.
Always keen for a coffee and a chat, Nick is keen to hear of any opportunites, and help solve your commercial property issues.
Kerry is a Commercial Sales and Leasing broker, specialising in office and retail properties on the North Shore.
Having completed multiple sales and leasing transactions with a range of different organisations from Government, SME's to large international corporations, retail to food vendors, Kerry understands the importance of thoroughly understanding the needs of your business and being able to offer a superior level of market expertise and service.
Kerry is a dedicated and passionate professional, resolutely determined to deliver her clients results. Continuously drawing from the success and dominance of the Colliers International North Shore office, Kerry assists her clients to deliver strategic commercial solutions while remaining personable throughout the process.
Kerry’s previous role with Colliers as Marketing Co-Ordinator and Office Manager for the North Shore office gives her a strategic edge that works better for you by having prior knowledge and resources required to successfully execute a tactical marketing strategy using all platforms available including digital, print and social media.
Tanya has worked within the Construction and Building industry for 19 years as an Executive Assistant (Board level) and Project Site secretary.
Tanya's work expriences has been on large projects within the Residential, Hotel & Leisure, Retail, Mixed Use Developments and Industrial. Her strengths are administration, events co-ordinating and no challenge is too big. Her work has given her opportunities to travel and enjoy different project experiences, and enjoys new challenges and meeting people.
Tanya is a family orientated person, in her spare time she enjoys interior decorating, tramping, socialising and cooking.