- Two of three former Waitakere City Council buildings are being sold by Auckland Council to The Laidlaw College Foundation. The college will move into the buildings adjacent to the Henderson train station in the next two to three years. Council will retain the former council chambers building that are still utilised by the community and local board. More info here.
- Demolition work is starting on the NZ International Convention Centre. The work will remove damaged materials on the roof resulting from the October 2019 fire. A full assessment of the entire building is still being completed. More info here.
- Westpac is relocating 250 jobs from Wellington to Auckland. This has been enabled by an opportunity to acquire more floor space at their Britomart headquarters. More info here.
- Te Mata Mushrooms was granted resource consent to increase production of mushrooms and compost on its Hawkes Bay farm. There was strong opposition from neighbours due to concerns about odours. More info here.
- Marriott International will operate a new 176-room hotel in Frankton, Queenstown under their newest brand ‘Moxy’. The brand is aimed at millennials wanting affordable prices. Features will include keyless entry via smartphones and a digital guest book displaying guests' Instagram posts in real time. More info here.
- Office Snapshots released a list of its 25 most popular office photo tours from 2019. More info here.
- IKEA is planning a new store in Vienna featuring an active facade and no car parks. Customers will get the same instore experience, but everything will be delivered to the customers’ homes directly. More info here.
- Lululemon Athletica is planning a new 47,000 sqm futuristic headquarters in Vancouver. The 13 story building will have a ground-to-top atrium and a brise-soleil skin that provides shade without obscuring views outwards. More info here.
Need help with your next big property decision? Talk to Colliers Strategic Advisory.