The week in New Zealand real estate - 9 April 2021
Director | Strategic Advisory
Chris is a Director within the Strategic Advisory team. The team helps you with your big property decisions and complex transactions.
Chris' advisory work focuses on:
- Decision making processes (eg property strategy, business cases, feasibilities, etc)
- Tenant representation for large lease transactions (office, industrial and specialist-use)
- Multi-site networks (eg consolidation strategies, optimisation, etc)
Chris’ background in brief:
- Property strategy advisor for some of New Zealand’s most successful private sector, public sector and non-for-profit organisations.
- Tenant representative (tenant-paid lease negotiator) for organisations ranging from small-to-medium enterprises through to major listed companies and government agencies.
- Specialist skills in commercial leasing, financial analysis and market research.
- Part-time lecturer at the University of Auckland Business School and commercial leasing trainer for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Chris’ qualifications include Honours degrees in both Civil Engineering and Property from the University of Auckland, and a Master of Philosophy from the University of Cambridge, UK. He is a Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Outside of work, Chris is a combat engineer in the NZ Army Reserve and a keen baker.
Renee joined Colliers in August 2019 as a Project Assistant for the Project Management team. Renee is now an Analyst for the Strategic Advisory team. Renee is currently in her final semester studying towards a Bachelor of Property and Bachelor of Commerce conjoint at the University of Auckland.