Research and Forecast Report
Enhance your perspective on Retail property markets with our latest Research & Forecast Report, First Half 2019.
Our latest report examines the key trends influencing various retail markets across Australia and New Zealand.
New Zealand Market Highlights
- Retailers face challenging market conditions, but recent data helps support more positive conditions ahead
- Vacancy rates remain low, but supply rises in some locations will provide a dampening on rent rises
- Investment yields remain broadly steady, but high levels of enquiry remain for prime retail assets
Australia Market Highlights
- Australian consumers spent nearly $305 billion at physical stores in the 12 months to March 2019, which is 20 times more than the amount spent on online shopping.
- Nine out of ten of the most visited Australian shopping websites in 2018 belong to traditional brick-and-mortar retailers.
- The Australian retail property market continues to offer an attractive value proposition and more favourable risk-adjusted returns compared to other developed markets.