As Colliers International's Auckland managing director, Charles holds a strategic role responsible for the entire client service experience, the growth strategies and the profitability of the total Auckland business. Charles is also a key member of Colliers International's New Zealand board of directors and sits on the Australasian senior leadership team.
Colliers International's Auckland business is the strongest commercial real estate services player in the market and employs over 260 professionals in four offices across the city.
Charles is also responsible for growing Colliers' market share across its various service lines and charged with developing Colliers’ Auckland business as a ‘best practice’ model for the company’s 20 nationwide offices.
He is also responsible for people management across the Auckland offices, including leadership and direction, recruitment, mentoring, skills development and succession planning; as well as implementing and developing new business lines.
Charles joined Colliers International in 1990. During his career with the company he has achieved the following notable accomplishments:
- undertaken many large leasing and sales transactions, including the sale and leaseback of The Warehouse's North Island distribution centre in Wiri, Auckland, for NZ$90m (the largest industrial asset sale ever seen in New Zealand)
- created & led the company’s national industrial sales and leasing business
- been the company’s top-performing broker nationwide
- led the Wellington office through a successful merger with a major competitor, doubling the size of the Wellington business
- been instrumental in the establishment of several other Colliers International offices, most notably North Shore, South Auckland and West Auckland
- been a key driver of Colliers' longstanding support of Cure Kids, the company's charity partner.