As an owner of Colliers International Wellington Richard has been involved in all aspects of the business and specialises in high value transactions and development opportunities.
He has over 25 years experience in commercial property and been involved in a large number of Wellington’s biggest sales.
Richard offers his clients a strong understanding of the wider commercial market whilst still delivering specialist advice across different property sectors. With a global breadth of local knowledge at hand, he takes a personal interest in ensuring his clients are kept well informed of the Wellington property market.
Richard began his career with commercial leasing and later sales and spent three years with central London property firm Gooch & Wagstaff. Between his expertise, knowledge base and the networks he maintains, he prides himself on being one of Wellington’s best informed brokers.
Richard was formerly on the Wellington committee for the NZ Property Council and is a past chairman for the Wellington branch of the NZPI.
Richard is a fellow and former chair of the Property Institute. He is a member of the Wellington Property Council and a Director of a number of property companies.
Richard is also a member of the Scots College Board and is Chair of the Scots Campus Development Committee.
Notable sales transactions include:
- 126 Lambton Quay ($15m)
- 32 Waring Taylor Street ($5.4m)
- 97 Taranaki Street ($25m)
- Amora Hotel
- 13-27 Manners Street ($19.6m)
- Civic Assurance House, 114 Lambton Quay ($10.1m)
- Cumberland Building ($19m)
- Trade Me ($21m)
- Willeston Building (confidential pricing)
- Animates ($4.5m)
- Boom Rock Road ($3.75m)
- Southward Industrial Portfolio ($25m)
- ASB Bank Tower ($22m)
- Dress-Smart, Main Road, Tawa ($8.6m)
- Warehouse and Warehouse Stationary Buildings (Various)
- TAB, KFC, Westpac and ANZ Retail Portfolios
- Porirua Megacentre ($16.1m)
- Centre City Plaza ($17m) Morrison Kent House ($32.7m)
- Harbour Quays, Ports of Wellington (circa $75m)
- 94-102 Cuba Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($13.13m)
- Plimmer Towers, Wellington ($40m)
- 142 Wakefield Street, Te Aro, Wellington $5.0m)
- 453-477 Hutt Road, Lower Hutt ($5.5m)
- Countdown Portfolio, Nationwide ($287m)
- 100 Cable Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($10.6m)
- 90 Cable Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($16m)
- Countdown Crofton Downs, Crofton Downs, Wellington ($21m)
- HP House, 8 Gilmer Terrace, Te Aro, Wellington ($15.35m)
- 18-22 Manners Street & 142 Willis Street, Te Aro, Wellington ($43.44m)
- 136 The Terrace, Wellington ($2.035m)
- Cnr Whitmore and Waterloo Quay (Confidential)
- ANZ, 57 Vivian Street ($17m)