Our point of difference with Forestry dealings is our ability to leverage the knowledge and experience of our people across the New Zealand market, whilst drawing on Colliers International’s national and global markets. From transaction services to valuation and advisory, our global network and in-depth market insights provide access to the best resources available.
We are committed to delivering the best possible results for our clients. Whether you are an institutional, banking, corporate or private client, our proven track record and extensive hands-on forestry experience will ensure we accelerate your success and provide better results faster.
Forestry land in New Zealand is held in various types of ownership – each with clearly defined rights and obligations. We have developed substantial expertise in determining forestry land value under fee simple and license agreements for the consideration of fair annual rent, sale and acquisition, funding support, development potential and the impact of the Emissions Trading Scheme.
With a forestry consultant on the team, we are one of the few companies in New Zealand able to provide integrated land and tree crop valuation and advice.
We project manage internally and employ quality control systems to maximise both technical and market accuracy. It is paramount for us to step into tasks quickly and maintain close communication throughout the entire process – ensuring a consistent and logical approach to all assignments and resolving any queries that may arise in a timely and efficient manner.
Our team has more than 120 years of combined forestry valuation experience. In the past three years we valued forestry assets worth in excess of $2.6 billion spread over 300,000 ha and have worked with more than 60 clients in their decision making and strategic planning.
• Forest and tree crop valuation
• Forest land valuation and rental
• Wood products processing facilities
• Pre-acquisition due diligence
• Forest resource assessments
• Comparative sales evidence and analysis
• Forest or timber sale administration
• Afforestation development feasibility
• Compensation assessments
• Maori asset advice and valuations
• Strategic portfolio and property advice
• Development and project advice
• Statutory compliance valuations
• Syndication and investment advice
• Litigation and expert evidence
• Arbitration/mediation support
• Economic analysis and modelling
• Transaction and financing advice
• Mineral deposits valuation
• Water rights valuation & advice
• Farm and enterprise valuations
• Commercial and industrial valuations